Monday, January 24, 2011

San Fransisco Bay Brand Brine Shrimp Hatchery

Not a bad little investment for less than ten bucks. Takes about two days to hatch the brine shrimp. Comes with three packs of salt/brine shrimp. Pros-the unit itself is good to go. Mix the salt/egg pack with RO/distilled water and fill the collection cup with straight filtered/distilled water. the newly hatched brine shrimp will go towards light and end up in the collection cup. For a salty like me, I take normal water out of my 135gallon and I mix that with straight brine shrimp eggs...a lot easier and a lot more brine shrimp. I reuse the water by filtering it through cone coffee filters...works really well for clearing out the brine shrimp eggs. I would give the "shrimpery" an 8/10. Good design and idea, but they should have included a better quality salt/egg bag.  I mean more eggs to each bag would have been nice. I would recommend buying an extra vial of just straight brine eggs. My LPS hard coral love these! You can also hatch the shrimp and filter them out with a coffee filter and freeze them for later! The vial of eggs last almost FOREVER it seems. I usually take off the vial cap and put enough eggs in it to just cover the bottom to where I can t see it and I end up with a big cloud of hatchlings!

No comments:

Post a Comment